Sunday 26 January 2014

Letter to #UntitledChronicles

Screenshot of the #UntitledChronicles page - www.facebook.com/UntitledChronicles
Dear #UntitledChronicles

I remember when you were born out of frustration, when you were a mere idea and were etched onto script to chronicle reflections of self defeat, self pity. You rescued me from pools of anger, whose depths I had come to know intimately as I had drowned in them countless times.

Today you have taken your own life form, and have given me a voice to air my silent voice, you have been the voice for the silent troubled voices that could not voice their own voice.

You have been ferried by a gentle breeze, in this silence, You where there when#UncleChris gave you advice, you even joked about Street Language being the Currency of stupidity on #Deck. I experienced you skip borders independently to the Sky defying #YourStruggle. You believed in #ServiceAboveSelf and still kept it all together when you had all fallen apart with losses.

You sang of the #FirstRains from your heart and renewed yourself by realising the power of conversation and even gave a verse for harvest. You articulated your expressions well when you wrote a letter to your fourteen year old self and sparked a chain reaction that went beyond the House of Stone.

You pushed me to keep hunting further, through it all you evolved into a force that has since brushed shoulders with Zimbabwean Giants.

Today, 20,000+ hits later, you are 1,000 likes - and I say, congratulations. You saved me and elevated me, you powered my confidence to scale heights taller than me. I put on shades now because our future together is bright.


No comments:

Post a Comment